Here’s the presentation I gave at the Serverless Meetup in Toronto on Jets: A Ruby Serverless Framework. We discuss how Ruby support at native speed was achieved. We learned a bit about how AWS Lambda works under the hood to understand how it works. 2 demos with a Jets application are also provide. We deploy it to Lambda with a single command.
It also provides some architecture pattern examples that can be built with Jets:
- Web API Application
- Event Driven Security: Auto-Remediation
- Continuous Compliance: AWS Config Rules
- Event Driven IoT Architecture
Slides are available here: Jets: A Ruby Serverless Framework on AWS Lambda
Here’s also the original meetup info: Toronto Serverless Meetup
You Might Also Like
- Introducing Jets: A Ruby Serverless Framework
- Toronto Serverless Presentation: Jets Framework
- Jets Afterburner: Serverless Rails in 5 Minutes
- Mega Mode: Rails on AWS Lambda
- An Introductory CRUD App Part 1
- Deploy to AWS Lambda Part 2
- Debugging Logs Part 3
- Background Jobs Part 4
- IAM Policies Part 5
- Function Properties Part 6
- Extra Environments Part 7
- Different Environments Part 8
- Polymorphic Support Part 9
- Jets Delete Tutorial
- Jets Image Uploads Tutorial with CarrierWave
- Cron Job Tutorial: Backup Route53
- Build an API with the Jets Ruby Serverless Framework
Thanks for reading this far. If you found this article useful, I'd really appreciate it if you share this article so others can find it too! Thanks 😁 Also follow me on Twitter.
Got questions? Check out BoltOps.
You might also like
Kubes: Kubernetes Deployment Tool
Kubes is a Kubernetes Deployment Tool. It builds the docker image, creates the Kubernetes YAML, and runs kubectl apply. It automates the deployment process and saves you precious finger-typing energy.
Jets: The Ruby Serverless Framework
Ruby on Jets allows you to create and deploy serverless services with ease, and to seamlessly glue AWS services together with the most beautiful dynamic language: Ruby. It includes everything you need to build an API and deploy it to AWS Lambda. Jets leverages the power of Ruby to make serverless joyful for everyone.
Lono: The CloudFormation Framework
Building infrastructure-as-code is challenging. Lono makes it much easier and fun. It includes everything you need to manage and deploy infrastructure-as-code.