In this video tutorial, we cover how get to started with the Jets Ruby Serverless Framework that adds Ruby support to AWS Lambda. We’ll build the quintessential CRUD application, and more we’ll importantly explore and edit it to understand how it works. Here’s the link to the Live CRUD Demo.
Summary of What We’ll Cover
- Cover Requirements
- Generate the CRUD App
- Review the Generated Files
- Start Up Local Server and Test
The architecture will look similar to this:
- For an Jets Introduction: Introducing Jets: A Ruby Serverless Framework.
- Also more info at: Jets documentation site.
Jets Links and Tutorial Series
- Introducing Jets: A Ruby Serverless Framework
- Toronto Serverless Presentation: Jets Framework
- Jets Afterburner: Serverless Rails in 5 Minutes
- Mega Mode: Rails on AWS Lambda
- An Introductory CRUD App Part 1
- Deploy to AWS Lambda Part 2
- Debugging Logs Part 3
- Background Jobs Part 4
- IAM Policies Part 5
- Function Properties Part 6
- Extra Environments Part 7
- Different Environments Part 8
- Polymorphic Support Part 9
- Jets Delete Tutorial
- Jets Image Uploads Tutorial with CarrierWave
- Cron Job Tutorial: Backup Route53
- Build an API with the Jets Ruby Serverless Framework
Also, here’s source code from the tutorial: tongueroo/jets-tutorial-crud
Thanks for reading this far. If you found this article useful, I'd really appreciate it if you share this article so others can find it too! Thanks 😁 Also follow me on Twitter.
Got questions? Check out BoltOps.